This rear system is designed as a Drag Race only part, and features 2 S4 4-piston calipers mounted to a 11 inch x 1 inch directional, 2-piece slot, drill, zinc plated rotor. This is designed specifically for heavy, fast drag cars that rely on their brake to launch or stage the car. The rear systems are specific to the housing end being used, if you are unsure of what ends you are working with please contact us direct and/or use images below to identify what you have. Note: Your axle flange will need to be turned down to 5.75 inches for this system to work. These systems are available in a variety of piston sizes. The larger piston area, 1.75 inches, will provide maximum clamping force, but can cause long pedal issues due to large volume requirements. A smaller 1.375 inch piston option was introduced, and has been a very popular option in classes such as NMRA True Steet where the cars will see limited street use. These rear systems are designed for racing only. If used on the street, due to brake bias change, be sure to spend some time to make sure adjusted correctly. Note: This system comes equipped with a high friction pad that is optimized for drag race applications. These pads often produce more dust and noise.
- Designed To Be Used With Ford 9 Inch With Early Big Housing Ends With 2.5 Inch Standoff
- Rotors Drilled For 5/8 Studs With 11/16 Holes For 5 x 4.50 Inch And 5 x 4.75 Inch Wheel Bolt Patterns
- Axle Flange Needs To Be 5.75 Inches
- Rotor Register Needs To Be 2.780 Inches
Why Purchase the SS4+ Deep Stage Drag Race Systems?
- All the benifits of our larger brake systems just in a smaller package to fit 15 inch wheels
- Fits most all dual beadlock wheels
- Designed specifically for heavy, fast cars
- Can be used on the street
- 6061 T-6 billet aluminum hat anodized black and bolted to the rotor
- High grade U281 fine thread stainless hardware with captured nuts
The S4 Caliper Features:
- 4 10mm cross bolts for maximum stiffness
- Stainless steel abutments and noise suppression springs
- Hard anodized aluminum pistons
- Internal crossover design
- Dual seals - dust/weather/pressure - to meet D.O.T. specifications
- Machined logo that is hand painted
- Uses a common 4 piston pad for easy replacements P/N DR1
- Clear Powder Coat Finish - Standard Colors are Clear and Fire Red - Custom colors available
- Available in Front or Rear for that same cosmetic matching look
- Uses correct banjo style fittings - Baer does not use any pipe thread
- 100 percent MADE IN USA with US sourced material!